PaSST Coordinator and Demonstrator
What is PaSST
The Presentation and Science Show Training (PaSST) Camp is YSA Sydney’s three-day self-development camp, over the course of which you’ll get to learn everything you need to know about becoming an effective and engaging science communicator.
The camp will cover a whole bunch of important points for budding science presenters, including:
- Having confidence in your presenting ability.
- Explaining scientific concepts to any audience.
- Developing your communication and presentation skills.
- Using scaffolds to develop and run your very own science show.
- Ensuring your science show is safe.
- Tips and tricks to manage a crowd.
What we need from the coordinating team?
We are looking for a team with a skill set in event and people management. However, that being said ANYONE can apply and we strongly urge you to apply if you’re interested.
- Write up activity sheets and run sheets
- Run workshops and breakout sessions
- Organise materials and storeroom runs
- Be responsible for the teams, including the team budgets
- Liaise with external parties
If you have any questions or queries feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
When is PaSST happening?
YSA Sydney has decided to run PaSST from Wednesday the 20th of January – Friday the 22nd of January 2021. For the first time ever, YSA Sydney has decided to run PaSST online, meaning you would be able to set the standards for the future.